Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Officially fall?

Wow.... is this falls' entrance? A couple weeks ago there was a frost advisory, so I covered all of my tropical plants, and annuals with sheets so that they didn't have an early demise. Well, there wasn't a frost advisory last night. It actually seemed like a typical late summer night. There was a gentle breeze and it was probably about 65 degrees outside, so we kept out windows open at night. (Nothing better than hearing the crickets at night. I always take advantage of a comfortable, reasonably chilly night where we can turn off our a/c and enjoy the breeze) But anyway, this morning we woke up and it was freezing! 62 degrees in our house, and 42 degrees outside! Brrrrr!! We usually keep our thermostat between 68 and 72. Immediately I was like poor Owen! Because he sleeps alone in his bed and doesn't have anyone to snuggle with to keep warm. So we did the unthinkable.... we turned on the heat! hahaha! I can't believe it. It's September 17th and we have the heat on! I hope it will warm up a little bit so that Owen and I can go pick apples today.