Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Family photos

Usually, we go get professional pictures for Christmas. Sometimes we end up using those pictures on our Christmas cards. Well, our first family photo experience was AWFUL. It was November 2006. Owen was about 5 months old and the stupid lady who took the pictures was a nightmare. I was breastfeeding and any of you who have done that know that it makes your boobs HUGE. Ok, well the photographer was like "hold your baby" so I did and then she laughed and said "hahaha! Well we're not going to do that pose! No offense but it makes you look like you have three boobs..... because his head is even with your two and they're all around the same size" I was like UMM are you kidding me?? Stupid b....

So, besides the fact that she was wicked annoying. She also was terrible with children. She kept blowing air in Owen's face and he was like what the heck is she doing?? We didn't get one smile out of Owen because of her. Brian never wanted to take Owen to get pictures again after that, so for the past 2 years since then, I've had to take Owen to get his picture taken. Last year I took Owen to get some Christmas pictures taken, and Owen was at the really clingy stage so I had to be in a lot of the pictures with him, even though I wasn't planning on it. Well, the photographer wanted to put a couple pictures of Owen and I on the card but I told her not to. I didn't want people wondering why the card only had pictures of Owen and I on it..... so we just had a couple pictures of Owen on the Christmas card.

This year I really wanted a family picture. To keep both Brian and Owen happy, I decided it would be easiest to have my mom take the pictures at my parents house. It worked out wonderfully! I'm SO glad we did that this year, and I think the pictures came out great! Even Winnie girl is in them =) My dad was a really big help too. He had a toy tractor that he kept putting on top of his head, and driving it up his arms and everything, to keep Owen entertained and sitting through the photoshoot. It really was the perfect way to take family pictures with a toddler. The best part, when we got home that night it was 11pm.... I uploaded the pictures, ordered 40 copies from walgreens.com and picked them up the next morning! No waiting around for cards to be printed, or waiting weeks for them to arrive. We will most certainly be doing this again next year.




2 comments:

Holly Steffen said...

they look awesome. =]

Bridget said...

what a b* that photographer was! that totally sucks i can see why brian wouldn't want to do that again. but i lovvvve your pictures this year! they're better than most pictures photographers take anyways. i can't wait to get one in the mail even though i live like 2 mins from you. getting christmas cards in the mail is the best :)