Wednesday, December 23, 2009

the Holiday's are here

It's hard to believe it's Christmas eve eve. Silly, I know, but when I was little I would get so excited and say "Tonight is Christmas eve, eve!" As an adult, Christmas is still my favorite Holiday. Lately I've been trying to focus on enjoying the Holiday season as much as possible while getting things done, without getting too stressed out. I've always wondered why Christmas has become so stressful and this year I've realized why. Most everyone has high expectations of the holiday that only comes once a year. With those high expectations comes the need to make things perfect "it's only once a year!" I've tried to keep the stress to a minimum this year by sticking to my year long slogan 'keep it simple' you can add an extra S, to make: 'keep it simple stupid' but I prefer to not verbally bash myself.

I probably won't have time for another post until after Christmas. I still have another 5 batches of cookies to bake. I've already baked 5, and a batch of cupcakes (with a couple ice cream cone cupcakes in there, per Owen's request!)

Until then, everyone have a wonderful Christmas!!!

No comments: