Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Making room for LIFE

The past few blogs I've written, included words such as "hectic", "busy" or "crazy", which has prompted me to blog about a recent sermon series that has started at my church. For the past two weeks, and another week to come, our pastor has discussed how important it is for people to not cram so much into their lives that they barely have time to do normal every day tasks. I have been trying to make my life less busy. Of course there are some things that I just cannot change (ie. the house situation - but once we close on the house, we won't have that craziness anymore. Well, just the craziness of unpacking. But once that is all over, and we're settled in.... there are no more excuses!)

Owen started preschool about two weeks ago and he is LOVING it! I don't know who loves it more, Owen, or myself. They have this drop off system where the moms line up in their cars and drop their kids off at the front door. It's great because Owen unbuckles himself and when the teacher comes to his door, he gets a huge smile on his face, grabs his back pack and hops out. Sometimes he's so excited that he forgets to wave goodbye to me! This is SUCH a relief because last year was anything but joyous. He would kick and scream and cry, and the teachers would have to pry his arms off of me. It was a nightmare. I felt like the worst mom in the world every single day when I left him (which was only 2 days a week, but it was torture for both of us) So that was the reason why I took him out of preschool last year. This year is just amazing. He goes four days a week, but always says "I wish I went to school every day!"

We thought that once everything settled down, we would sign Owen up for hockey because he is obsessed! I can't wait to see him out there on the ice in his hockey gear.... so cute!

1 comment:

Holly Steffen said...

Oh I totally know what you mean. We get SO busy that we forget to do the things that are REALLY important-- like family dinners, family prayer, etc. It's amazing how a little reminder can set us back in motion.

I look forward to your blogs. I vicariously live through you.