Wednesday, July 25, 2012

38 weeks, 3 days!




There is no question about it, I have seriously neglected this blog. With good reason though! I have been busy growing my two beautiful girls, all while keeping my six year old son happy, healthy and entertained. Summer is actually difficult for Owen because he misses school so much.We signed him up for summer camp, thinking it would be a good fit... it was most certainly not (long story).

In the beginning of my pregnancy with the twins, it seemed like every person I talked to said "Ohh, twins! How wonderful!... they'll be born really early and really tiny". So, I had kind of mentally prepared myself to go into pre-term labor with the girls starting as early as 30 weeks. Each week that went by, I thought okay not this week! Now I'm at 38 weeks and 3 days (considered full term with a singleton and considered "fully cooked" by many doctors and twin moms who know how it feels to be a beached whale).

I'm just thankful to have kept them cooking to full term. The girls should be about 6 or 7 pounds each right now, which I am curious to find out. I have an OB appointment today with ultrasound, which is always amazing.

While my mom was visiting a few weeks ago, the sonographer did a 3D ultrasound for us unexpectedly. I could not believe how much detail we could see on the screen - it was like we were actually taking a peek into my belly and looking at the girls face to face! I'm going to include a few ultrasound pictures, and a belly picture from a few weeks ago (I need to take a new one, because I'm sure that I'm even bigger now!)




No comments: