Wednesday, October 8, 2008

change of season, change of heart

People always dread fall because of what's in store for after. Personally, fall has always been my favorite season. I love decorating for fall and just enjoying the perfect sweater weather. Maybe I've never dreaded fall because it leads to winter and my favorite Holiday is Christmas... right in the thick of the blizzards usually.

Living right on the NY/VT boarder is so beautiful, too. We're hoping to take a little fall drive this coming weekend. We can literally see the VT mountains from our driveway, so we'll know when it's peak foliage. Fall also brings us football. I've never been a big fan of football, but I have to admit that Brian is getting me into it. I'll sit and watch a game with him (usually because it includes pizza, wings and other greasy snacks that I don't have very often!) This year, Brian is especially happy because he gets honestly, every single sports channel known to man. It's kind of ridiculous actually. I can't even keep track of what game we're watching because he flips around so much. I was completely happy with have cable, but Brian called the Direct TV guys out here to install a dish.... just so we could get el supremo sports package. What did I get myself into! :)

Another part of Fall, is winterizing. Brian sealed the driveway over the weekend, so now it looks pretty and new. It really makes such a big difference to have a nice dark black driveway. You don't realize the damage salt does to asphalt until someone seals their driveway and it looks so black compared to the road and other driveways in the neighborhood. I had been putting off bringing my plants inside because some of them grew SO big over the summer and I had no idea what pots I was going to put them in, and where in my house they would spend the winter. With freeze warnings (in the 20's in some places) I was forced to bring them inside finally on Monday.

So we've covered the change of season section. Now for "change of heart". As of right now, Brian and I have decided we just want one child. Brian always want just one, but I was the one who wanted more.... we had originally decided on two. And that was a compromise. Lately though, we've really enjoyed what our family has become and all of the great things that we get to do with Owen. We feel good with our family dynamics and look forward to getting to go on vacations with Owen and just enjoy him.

No comments: