Saturday, January 22, 2011

For the love of.... Gymboree?

Owen, April 2008. Wearing Gymboree, of course.


First let me all tell you how lucky I am to have such a wonderful husband. He is so supportive of my Gymboree obsession. Whether or not he actually appreciates the fine detail in design or not, he will at least sit there and listen to my whole talk about the new line. He patiently watches while I show him every new item I just purchased. He puts up with a lot when it comes to my Gymboree obsession. So much so, that he even wants to start up a Gymboree franchise (also because he probably feels like he knows the whole company because of me). Who better to put in charge then a Gymboree addict, right? ;)


But see, that right there is true love. Loving every single thing about your partner. The weird quirks they have, and appreciating that person for who they are. The Gymboree side of me is something reasonably new, within the past five years. This wasn't something Brian "signed on for" when we were married almost seven years ago. But, he loves how passionate I am about Gymboree clothes, that passion is something I've always possessed. It was just expressed in different ways before I was a mom. Now being a mom has over taken me, and I am most proud of the accomplishments of my child, and general mom things that might seem dull to non-moms. My husband even says that he thinks our son is the best dressed kid whenever he takes him to the playground, or when we are out as a family. To me, that is just as sweet as him telling me I look beautiful. To me, it is sweet to hear those words because I know it's coming from his heart. He knows how happy it will make me when I hear it coming from him, knowing that he notices and cares. It's true, I respect his opinion and like to know that he thinks I'm doing a good job.... even if his positive comment is about our sons wardrobe.

I put a lot of thought into what our son wears each day. His outfit is always perfect coordinated, from head to toe... all matching. I always get compliments from teachers, other parents, and strangers. But, it will always mean the most when it's from my best critic..... my biggest fan.

No comments: