Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cold enough??!

Alright, I am fully aware of the fact that I chose to move back here from the south. Totally regretting it right about now, just so you know!!! But in my defense I don't remember it being this cold! Maybe it's the whole southern thing, and not truly remembering how cold COLD really is. Ummm okay and I'm not even kidding but, when we lived there, and it was 100 degrees in the summer I said to Brian that I would rather live somewhere with single digit temperatures than in the triple digits. Oh man am I regretting that now! It was -5 degrees when I got up this morning. If that doesn't wake you up when you go to get the paper, then NOTHING will!

Although right now I'm wishing we hadn't moved North, this summer when our previous house in Virginia floods again during hurricane season, I will remember why we made the smart decision to leave the South. I think, natural disaster-wise, that the North East is the best place to live if you can deal with the snow. For the most part, you don't have to worry about hurricanes, tornadoes, earth quakes and floods. Now if we can just get spring to come a little early this year......

4 comments:

Holly Steffen said...

i second that. =]

sometimes we think about moving more west. but i def don't want to deal with posionous snakes and scorpions! eek!

Shelby and Brian said...

ewww yeah me either!!! we actually talked about living in arizona when brian got out of the navy. i always wanted to have a cactus in my yard... i thought that would be awesome. but the scorpion thing definitely outweighed that haha! did you know that brian's dad lives in arizona?

Jess said...

yes it's way tooo cold i can't even stand it! and i love love loooooveee owen's outfit sooo cute

Jenny said...

Hehe Owen is so adorable! Where do you find the cutest things for him???

And I agree with the NE being safer than other parts. Most southerners like myself would say that hurricanes are easier to deal with than snow storms but hurricanes are much more dangerous compared with snow, as long as you don't go out driving in the snow that is!