Friday, January 23, 2009

Disney x 2

It looks like Disney is coming twice this year! We have a Disney cruise planned for December of 2009.... but it looks like we'll be going to Disney World in February too! It was really spur of the moment. Brian called me from work yesterday and said "How about we go to Florida in a couple weeks". It didn't really surprise me because he's been complaining about having the winter blues lately. He usually gets out of the winter blues when we go snowboarding, but with all of the hectic-ness going on with my grandparents, I feel bad having my parents babysit Owen while we snowboard. So, we haven't been able to go yet this year =( I'm sure we'll get to go soon enough though.

Anyway, this will be Owen's first time flying! We're probably going to get a direct flight from Albany to Orlando so that we don't have to do any of that 2 hour layover crap, and our flight should only be a couple hours. Should be manageable, but we're not taking any chances.... we're bringing a dvd player for him because I'm 99% certain that Owen will NOT sleep at all during the flight. At least we'll occupy all 3 seats and have the whole row to ourselves.

The next problem is just trying to figure out how we're going to get all of Owen's stuff to FL. Fortunately he's not a baby so we don't have to bring the bouncer, swing, portable changing table.... lol!! But we have to bring a car seat and stroller (definitely the umbrella stroller because I'm not even sure how much we'll use it, if at all)

Now to do inventory on our summer wardrobe.

Hahaha as I'm about to publish this I look over and see Owen holding my cell phone up to his ear and saying "Hello Mickey, this is Owen! Do you have a telephone? I'm on mommys telephone. Ok I'm going to sleep, I'm tired. Bye!"

3 comments:

Holly Steffen said...

aww thats gonna be so fun!!! =]

Brooke said...

Well just be glad you guys don't have three kids loads of junk to bring there!!! Haha but that sounds awesome and I can't wait to see pictures! :-) That last part about Owen "talking to mickey" is really adorable. He's such a cutie :-)

Bridget said...

jealous x 2million. seriously.