Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's coming....

Winter, that is. As I drive up over the hill coming home, I can see the VT mountains off in the distance, capped with SNOW! So, yesterday the weather was surprisingly beautiful. Owen's swimming lessons ended about a week ago, and I signed him up for a different kind of class, because he can swim on his own now, but isn't old enough to be in the class he's ready to be in. So for this session of classes, I signed Owen up for Play & Splash. He had his first class yesterday and it took up most of the morning, so Owen was only able to play for a little while outside after we got home from his class, and voting.... before he had to take a much needed nap. His Play & Splash class, by the way, was great! All of the kids (9 including Owen..... 8 boys and 1 girl hahaha) are between 2-3 years. The first hour of the class is spent having free play in the gym, and circle time with songs. Then, for the half an hour left, we swim. Owen LOVED it and kept saying "Bye bye playing with the kids, bye bye swimming with the kids" the ENTIRE ride home.

So that class is a great thing to have, especially as it starts to get colder outside. It's nice to have indoor activities to take him to, because as all you moms with boys know, boys have A TON of energy! I'll continue doing a lot of weekday swimming with Owen too to keep him busy and active. But I'll be honest, there are some days when I don't feel like leaving the house because it's either too cold outside, or I just have a ton of stuff to get done around the house. That's why I came up with a plan.... I'm going to bring in a bunch of Owen's outdoor toys, including;










With the water table, I'm planning on filling it with raw rice and beans so that Owen can drive his trucks through it and use sifting tools/spoons etc. He loves that water table. Even now that it has water below a thin layer of ice. So, it seemed too bad that he would have to go all winter without using it. Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

Jess said...

awww youre such a good mommy and owen has all the good toys. its really no suprise that all the lil kids in the neighborhood wanna hang out there